The canoe is all ready to go!
Come be part of the send off at Petrie Island Beach, Ottawa on Saturday, August 12th at 10:30 am. This will mark the beginning of Part 1 across Canada.
You can find more information on the Loving Spoonful an amazing organizations we are supporting under the Donate section of this website.
Part 1 – August 12, 2017 Ottawa, Ontario to Sydney, Nova Scotia
We are launching on August 12th at 10:30 a.m. from Petrie Island Park in Orleans, Ottawa. You can watch our progress on the map below or through Facebook/Instagram, and Blog updates. We will be travelling from west to east with the wind hopefully at our backs most of the way! For the most part we will be following the routes of the early Voyageurs and Fur Traders. Although there may be some changes along the way, the following is our proposed route:
- Petrie Island Park, Ottawa, Ontario (via the Ottawa River to Montreal)
- Montreal, Quebec to Riviere du Loup, Quebec (via the St. Lawrence River)
- Riviere du Loup, Quebec to Edmunston, New Brunswick (via Hwy 291 and the Madawaska River)
- Edmunston, New Brunswick to Fredericton, New Brunswick (via the St. John River)
- Fredericton, New Brunswick to Shediack, New Brunswick (via the St. John River and Hwy 112)
- Shediac, New Brunswick to Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia (via Norththumberland Strait)
- Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia to Sydney, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia (via Bras d’Or Lake and the Atlantic Ocean).